Debt Free Quotes
I get it. Getting through the debt free journey can be hard!
When you first get started, you are excited, motivated and ready to take down the debt monster.
But the longer the journey goes on, the harder it gets. Some days, it seems like you are winning. Other days, it feels like the journey will never end, and you will be stuck in this cycle of never winning forever.
I can tell you that as long as you stick with it, you WILL win and accomplish the amazing goal of being debt free.
Our debt free journey took almost 3 years, and it was a LONG three years. But finding ways to stay motivated helped us to keep going, even on the hard days.
One of those ways we found to stay inspired was to read and keep quotes about being debt free.
Below are some amazing inspirational quotes to help you on your debt free journey. I suggest you pick a favorite (or a couple favorites), write it down and post it where you can see it. Make it your mantra when you get frustrated.
Debt Free Motivational Quotes
1. Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. – Saint Augustine
2. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. – Walt Disney
3. When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor. – Elon Musk
4. If you live like no one else, later you can live and give like no one else. – Dave Ramsey
5. Borrower is slave to the lender – Proverbs 22:7
6. Don’t expect to see a change if you don’t make one. -unknown
7. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas Edison
8. The only disability in life is a bad attitude. – Scott Hamilton
9. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.
10. Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. – Walter Elliot
11. When you feel like giving up, remember why you started
12. Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
13. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. –Earl Nightingale
14. It’s always too early to quit. –Norman Vincent Peale
15. When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place. –Unknown
16. Sometimes you just have to be strong and keep going, no matter how much you want to give up; not for yourself, but for those you care about. –Unknown
17. It always seems impossible until it’s done. -Nelson Mandela
18. It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits. – Charles A. Jaffe
19. The moment you’re ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens. Don’t give up. –Unknown
20. Just keep going. Be patient. Results take time, but if you’re consistent they will come. –Unknown
21. If “plan A” didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters! –Unknown
22. You never fail until you stop trying. –Albert Einstein
23. When you’re ready to give up, you’re halfway there. –Unknown
24. Pretending to be rich can make you poor Learn to live within your means. – UNKNOWN
25. Just Keep Swimming. Just Keep Swimming. – Dory (from Finding Nemo)
26. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. – Thomas Edison
27. “You learn more from failure than success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.”
28. Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship. – Benjamin Franklin
29. I make myself rich by making my wants few. – Henry Davis Thoreau
30. Never spend your money before you have it. – Thomas Jefferson
31. Practice doesn’t make perfect; practice makes permanent. And permanent, positive change is what we’re after. – Rachel Cruze
Debt Free Journey Quotes
32. Every dollar you spend is a reflection of your values. – Rachel Cruze
33. You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you. – Dave Ramsey
34. It’s Not Whether You Get Knocked Down, It’s Whether You Get Up. – Vince Lombardi
35. Your children are watching you, and they’ll learn how to handle money like you do it. More is caught than taught. – Dave Ramsey
36. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs.
37. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
38. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
39. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
40. Just because you can buy it, doesn’t mean you can afford it. – Suze Orman
41. Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford
42. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
43. “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle and giving 110% all the time.” – Don Zimmer
44. “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link
45. “Do what you can with all you have, wherever you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
46. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
47. “For every reason it’s not possible, there are hundreds of people who have faced the same circumstances and succeeded.” – Jack Canfield
48. “I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time.” – Michael Phelps
49. “Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities.” – Robert H. Schuller
50. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
51. “Success doesn’t come to you; you go to it.” – Scott McLeod
52. The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it. – unknown
53. Don’t stop when you’re tired. Stop when you’re done. -unknown
54. Do something today that your future self will thank you for. – Patrick Flanery
55. “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” – Unknown
56. Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths. – Unknown
57. The key to success is to focus on goals, not obstacles. – Unknown
58. If you can dream it, you can do it. – Walt Disney
59. Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. – Carol Burnett
60. You just can’t beat the person who never gives up. – Babe Ruth
61. In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can. – Nikos Kazantzakis
62. Either I will find a way, or I will make one. – Philip Sidney
63. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” –Vidal Sassoon
64. Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work. – H. L. Hunt
65. Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. – Robert Collier
Need Help on your Debt Free Journey?
Starting your own debt free journey can be scary, overwhelming and sometimes down right frustrating. I get it because I was there.
So, to help others who are struggling with their journey to being debt free, I created a printable debt payoff planner. This is the planner that I wish I had when we started our debt snowball. This planner walks you through creating your debt payoff plan, tracking your progress and more.
Get own copy of the Best Printable Debt Payoff Planner Here.
Final Thoughts on Debt Free Quotes
No matter how much debt you have, undertaking the project of paying it off is HARD. That is why anything you can do to help make it more bearable is good.
I hope these motivational quotes and thoughts will help keep you motivated on your own debt free journey. I know that quotes like these helped us with ours.
Do you have a favorite quote that keeps you going when things get tough? Let me know what it is in the comments!